Monday, September 28, 2009

The First Year

Husband and I celebrated our 1 Year Anniversary on Friday. It's amazing how fast a year goes by.

For the celebration we slept in (oh, how I enjoy the sleeping in), we went to The Original Pancake House to feast upon their amazing Bananas Foster French Toast. Oh, you'll never eat plain french toast again without wishing it were this heavenly version of french toast!

We then made a trip to the Jordan River Temple to perform some sealings. It was awesome to remember the covenants and promises that we made and received on our wedding day.

Husband then enjoyed a nap, which he enjoys as much as I do sleeping in, and I read my book for a good couple hours as he napped.

We then attended the theatre! On our honeymoon we went to the Tuacahn Theatre in St. George and to continue that tradition, we went to Hale Centre Theatre to see The Scarlet Pimpernel. Husband had never been to this theater nor had he ever seen this play...we left the theater quite entertained. Husband can't stop talking about how much he enjoyed the show.

Once home we pulled out the top layer of our wedding cake that had been frozen in my mother's freezer. We even pulled out the wedding utinsels to cut and serve it. The flavor was fantastic, however you could definitely tell it was a year old. We also watched our wedding video to remember the fun moments and the people we shared the day with.

I have definitely enjoyed this past year. Its been one of the best of my life, if not THE best. I think with how wonderful the first year was, our life will be a breeze. We'll have our ups and downs and our disagreements for sure, but I believe that we both made the right choice last year.

1 comment:

Tara G. said...

What a fun way to spend your anniversary! Can't believe it's already been a year!