Sunday, January 10, 2010

My Floor Mat Saved My Life...

....er...saved my car.

Husband and I were driving home from my sister's house after our monthly family dinner and Husband stopped quite abruptly causing the crock pot on the floor at my feet to tip over dumping all the contents onto the floor. These contents being Little Smokies in barbeque sauce. "NOOOOOOO!!!" I screamed! There was NOTHING left in the crockpot as it was all over the floor!

Thankfully...we had purchased floor mats not too long ago and not one bit of barbeque sauce or Little Smokie tainted the actual carpet of the car. Yes, I did have to sit with barbeque sauce all over my hands, leg and shoe for the remainder of the 45 minute drive, but the clean up to the "Crockpot Disaster of 2010" was surprisingly minimal for the mess that was created.
I promptly dumped the barbeque sauce and Little Smokies in the garbage and used the lovely spraying mechanism on my sink to spray off the mat without making a mess. Now I just must wait for the floor mat to dry.

I do have a small fear in my heart that the floor mat with forever have the "essence of barbeque sauce", however, if that be the case, I guess I can fork out another $20 at Wal-mart to buy new floor mats.

Floor mats have now become a necessary possesion. The crockpot however, may be re-thought.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad that your car is okay (and you guys too.) Better tell the hubbie to not be so wreckless!!!