Monday, March 15, 2010

Wanted

A few weeks ago, our neighbor's condo was robbed. So therefore, Husband and I have been more cautious about locking our doors and keeping our eyes open for anything suspicious in our neighborhood.

Today as I got home and pulled up to my parking spot there was a black car parked there. A man was sitting in the driver's seat. I pulled up near the spot and stopped so that the person could tell they were in my spot. But I kept far enough away so as not to be thought rude.

He backed out and as I pulled into the spot, I waved "thank you" at him and made sure I got a good look at the driver.

I pulled into my spot. And kept my eye on him. I memorized his license plate number and the make and model of his car.

He drove to another part in the parking lot. I was suspicious.

I got out of my car and watched him drive back to where I had parked. He rolled down his window.

He flashed a police badge at me.

By looking in the interior of his car, and noting his laptop and a few other objects, I could tell he was an undercover police officer. He looked like Sayid Jarrah from Lost. Hot.

He showed me a photo of a woman and asked me if I had seen her in the condos across the way from me. She is thought to be living there.

I didn't recognize her.

I apologized that I didn't know who she was as I wasn't very familiar with my neighbors in that building.

I wished I could've been more help.

He apologized for parking in my spot. I told him it was fine but that initially I had been suspicious of him as my neighbors had been robbed and he was just sitting there. He complimented my awareness of suspicious individuals.

I thanked him to trying to keep our neighborhood safe by looking for criminals.

I walked to my condo feeling like a superstar because I had the police asking for my help, but I also felt like a failure for not being able to help.

I will be keeping my eyes open for that woman he was looking for.

1 comment:

Tom and Tami said...

Maren, you've always been a superstar!
Way to go!