Friday, April 16, 2010

The Red Dress

Husband's brother is getting married next week. And for this wedding I needed to find a dress.
Up until today I hadn't looked much because I had no idea what their colors were. There was some jesting about showing up in bright orange or some color that would most assuredly clash with whatever colors they had decided upon.

As luck would have it though, the soon to be bride and groom did drop by dropped off Husband's tie, which was a lovely deep red, much like unto the red of my own wedding. And I was also informed that their other color was gold.

Red and Gold.

So now I can go dress hunting. However, I decided that I most likely wouldn't be able to find a red dress, and there is pretty much no way that I would be caught dead in a gold dress. So I began searching for a black dress as black would look good with red and gold and would not clash.

I visited a few stores with now avail with even a black dress. I wasn't feeling very hopeful.

But I made one last stop before I headed home - JC Penney.

Surprisingly they had a decent selection of dresses though not many that would match. I finally found 2 black dresses that I decided to try. On my way to the dressing room, right there, hanging on the end of the clearance rack was the perfect red dress. Ahhh! Perfect!

I tried it on, and it fit like a glove. And to make it even more perfect, when I looked at the tag, the originally $80 dress was 80% off...making it $15.95!

I aslo tried on both the black dresses, the first one was so-so. But the second was quite cute, fit well, and, dun dun da dah! was originally $98 but was also on sale for $20.

Double score!

So I headed to the checkout, feeling pretty good about my findings.

But wait!

When Rebecca rang up the dresses at the register, they were $10 and $13! Oh blessed day!

So when I left JC Penney, I had 2 dresses, valuing $178.95 for $23. And a dress for the wedding.

I can't wait to dress it up with my red lipstick. Dubonet here I come!

3 comments:

Joanne said...

Why does that never happen to me?

Amanda said...

After reading this I must go to JC Penny today after work.

Tom and Tami said...

"Would you take a look at that dress, that's a, that's a gold dress."
-Freddy Fredrickson

Nice to hear of your good fortune!