Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The New Job

Husband and I decided that we want pay off our debt faster than we currently are. And as I cannot work overtime because I am on salary at my current job, and we want Husband to finish his degree as quickly as possible, we decided that I would find a part time job to help us get to where we want to be while Husband finishes his schooling.

For the last several months I have been applying everywhere, I mean, EVERYWHERE.

Finally, I found an add for an "on call associate" for Macy's. I didn't know how well that type of a position would work with my schedule, but I opted to apply anyway.

I went in for the interview and no more than 5 minutes into the interview (which was not your typical interview, mind you) the store manager said that he had a position for me that was not the position that I applied for.
I was a little surprised but happy. He said that he'd had a supervisor position open for 3 months that he had not found anyone to fill until now.
Happy day!

So now I am the Sales Floor Supervisor at Macy's at the Valley Fair. I work 20 hours a week, mostly 3 nights and Saturdays. The people are fun, and the job is great.

Life is pretty busy (working a full time, and a part time job...with school starting the end of the month). We'll be lucky if I can find time to blog. Don't miss me too much. Ha ha.
But overall, we feel this is the best thing for us right now, and yes, yes, I'm going to say it, but I can't deny it, we have truly been blessed.

No comments: