Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

This Father's Day, my younger brother, Eric, and sister in law, Carlee, spoke in their ward (my parents ward). And they were assigned to speak on their fathers or other influential men in their lives. So Husband, my other brother, Kurtis, and I went to go support them and hear all the good things they had to say.

They both did an AWESOME job, it was great to hear the wonderful things they had to say about their fathers. It was especially great to hear the wonderful things they had to say about my father. Eric is an especially tender man, when he speaks of something that is very dear to him, he gets quite emotional, which in turn, caused myself (and my father) to get emotional.

My father has been an incredible influence in my life. He is one of the most selfless people I know (my mother is one of the others). He has worked incredibly hard his entire life, and all of that hard work was for his family. He has taught us all to work hard ourselves, to be honest, to love others, and to love the gospel of Jesus Christ. He has an incredible love for his wife and for his family. Its wonderful to see him with his grandchildren and how tender he is, he's gotten soft in his old age. =)

I love my father and I am so thankful for all that he has done for me and my family, he is the best father I could ask for.

No comments: